London, United Kingdom, WD23
Joined on August, 2014
Weekdays in the evening
Weekends at any time
Weekends at any time
Up to 1 hour away at my regular hourly rate
EducationPsychology + Pharmacology BSc from University College London
Health Psychology MSc at City University London
ExperienceOct 12- present City University London, MSc Health Psychology. Thesis on Emotional Intelligence in the workplace.
Oct 06-June10 University College London, Psychology BSc + Pharmacology (Class: 2:1)
Modules include: Attention and Awareness, Learning and Memory, Organisational Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Personality and Intelligence, Developmental Psychology
Undergraduate Internship- Data collection and analysis under the supervision of Clover Southwell in Biodynamic Psychotherapy
Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society
English Literature (A), Psychology (A), Sociology (A)
Goldman Sachs LSE Spring School – Social and Political Sciences (2004)
Cambridge Summer School – English Literature and Language at Fitzwilliam College (2005)
English Literature (A), English Language (A), Maths (B), Physics (C), Biology (B), Chemistry (C), Geography (A),
French (A), Spanish (A), Home economics (A), Music and Expressive Arts (A), Merit in Key skills IT
British Red Cross Training modules- Safeguarding Adults and Children, Health and Safety and First Aid.
Certified in Team-Teach. Topics covered: Policy, preferred de-escalation strategies, behaviour plans involving positive handling, incident reports, risk assessment forms, expressing concerns and complaints, recording and monitoring.
Training in Child Protection (Certified) –in-depth knowledge of signs & symptoms, reporting, policies and
procedures and inter-agency liaison. Safeguarding, our; responsibilities, behaviours and dealing with practicalities.
Sept 15 –Sept 23 Campbell Primary School, London – SEN Teaching Assistant
• Assisting with pupils physical needs, including hygiene and feeding, as well as assisting with therapy sessions. Helping pupils’ understand instructions through repetition, re phrasing and demonstrating.
• Helping with pupils’ school work under the supervision of an SEN teacher. Creating lesson plans tailored to individual student’s needs. Putting into practice education, social, behavioural and personal care programmes
• Helping pupils increase their confidence, self-esteem and independence.
• Assisting pupils who have difficulty communicating with others, including those whose first language is not English
Mar 11 – Sept 11 Cambridge Education Islington, London – English Teacher
• English Literature and Language for students aged between 6-16. Creating daily, Monthly and Quarterly work-plans and maintaining attendance records
• Homework preparation in accordance to the National Curriculum and relevant exam board. Organising large and small group play activities indoors and outdoors, one to one support and supervision to children with communication and behavioural problems.
• Assistance with UCAS applications and career support and marketing via various channels such as leafleting, website maintenance and online media.
Mar 11 – Sept 11 Jubba Tutorial Club, London – English Teacher (weekends)
• Prepare lesson outlines and plans in assigned subject areas, submit outlines to teachers for review.
Reviewing students’ work and providing feedback to relevant staff. Trained and developed children in verbal self-expression. Built team spirit with students and with staff to develop effective teaching and learning
• Participate in teacher-parent conferences regarding students’ progress or problems
Oct 08-Sept 10 Acadreview – Proofreader and Trainer (International)
• Proofreading for University researchers and students with pedagogic follow up and feedback sessions
• 100% track record in meeting agreed deadlines
Jan 04-July 04 Kumon, London – Tutor
• Transferring positive learning skills to put into practice throughout school
• Lesson plans tailored to suit individual needs
• Observe students' performance, and record relevant data to assess progress
A highly motivated and committed professional with excellent communication and organizational skills and an impeccable track record of administering fast moving and complex large scale projects and providing the necessary administrative, academic and logistic support to enable the targets to be met. A resourceful team player with great interpersonal skills and ability to work with and through others.
Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, polite telephone manner
Interpersonal: Able to show compassion and understanding in all work and relate to a range of people
Customer service: Strong customer focus skills, polite and courteous with good telephone manner
Organisational: Able to prioritise a busy workload and work under pressure remaining patient and focused
I.T literacy: Proficient using Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Internet and e-mail applications.
Language: Fluent in English and Basic French and Spanish
Driving: Full UK driving license held
I graduated from UCL in 2010 with a BSc in Psychology and Pharmacology. I am currently undertaking my MSc in Health Sciences on a part time basis, due to end this December.
Teaching has always been my strong point and a passion which I have not given up on since my college years. I began mentoring and tutoring in English, Maths and Science after school during college with Kumon. From this I learned to create my own study and revision material tailored for specific levels.
During University my course opened up new ideas and opportunities for me in the area of Child/Educational Psychology and so I decided to incorporate my tuition experience into working with children who have special educational needs. By this time I had gained invaluable experience working in mainstream settings and so I joined Cambridge Education Islington on a part time basis working 5 days a week in the evenings for children from disadvantaged backgrounds alongside students who needed extra academic support. I juggled working in 3 different secondary and primary schools which was challenging and exciting at the same time as I had 30 children in one class all on different levels (KS1 to A level) I learned to always prepare material well in advance and to create my own lesson plans as well as marking and grading work on a daily basis.
Working in various schools meant maintaining professionalism at all times and meeting regularly with the other members of staff for staff/parent meetings and reviews.
My most recent position was offered to me through a teaching agency where I worked temporarily for an SEN school as a teaching assistant. I wanted to gain some full time experience directly with children who had mild to moderate learning disorders and those who also had physical disabilities.
I am willing to provide support as an assistant for those who need extra help or simply a push in the right direction.
On a final note, in addition to my academic and work experiences, I also possess a tremendous amount of patience, trustworthiness, ethics, communication skills, and respect for confidentiality. I believe that my hard-working and highly motivated attitude, combined with my professional skills make me a strong candidate for this position.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.